Pictured is Justin Clark (left), Memorial Health System Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine Athletic Trainer, giving instruction on the use of the NormaTec compression therapy system to Anita Larson (middle), Impact Sports & Fitness Certified Athletic Trainer, and RaeLyn Racy (right), Impact Sports & Fitness Director.
Impact Sports and Fitness in Abilene is excited to now offer NormaTec compression therapy, and you can try it for free – by appointment. NormaTec is an industry leader in athlete recovery technology using pulsating, sequential pneumatic compression to help in many areas of the body.
A primary function of these compression sleeves is to engage a lymphatic flush, which enhances a healthy blood flow back into the region by helping to remove waste products, inflammation, and swelling. Additionally, the sleeves enhance circulation in targeted areas via the same mechanism.
- Lactic acid and lymphatic flushing, thus removing toxins
- Reduces inflammation and water accumulation
- Improved (better) and enhanced (healthier) circulation
- Accelerated recovery, so you feel rejuvenated and ready for the next workout
- Helps prevent and eliminate first-stage varicose veins
- Increased flexibility and range-of-motion for the lower extremities after workouts
Who would benefit from compression therapy?
- Any athlete who uses their legs (which is most athletes)
- Anyone who works on their feet all day. Gravity causes poor circulation in your legs when you are standing all day
- Anyone who battles poor circulation would benefit – such as diabetes, varicose, peripheral artery disease, and just about any circulation disease with the exception of deep vein thrombosis (contraindicated)
- Anyone who would like to sit back and relax, post-workout, with pulsating compression therapy will feel reinvigorated for the day
Impact Sports and Fitness has a dedicated room for this new service where you can relax, recover, and rejuvenate…and – they are offering the first session free of charge for those interested in seeing what the NormaTec compression therapy can do. While you rest, this system simulates active recovery using a sequential pulse technology pattern to temporarily increase circulation to targeted areas and relieve muscle aches and/or pain. Contact Impact Sports and Fitness in Abilene to schedule your appointment to see what compression therapy can do for you.